Weweantic River, Wareham, MA, 6/12, 10:30 am

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

Haven

Weweantic River, Wareham, MA, 6/12, 10:30 am

Post by Haven »

Launch at 10:30 from boat ramp behind Rest Area northeast of Exit 20 on I 195E (N 41 44.956; W 070 44.762). Level 2-3 paddle, spray skirt and 14' + boat required. Paddle up to dam and down to Great Hill and Wings Cove about 11 miles.
Haven Roosevelt
Havenesq@comcast.net
paddlewu@gmail.com
Linda

Re: Weweantic River, Wareham, MA, 6/12, 10:30 am

Post by Linda »

I would like very much to join you :) Have never done this and have wanted to... work schedule looks like it will work, as of today but could change... may not know for sure until Tues afternoon. Weather looks doable right now... hope to see you at the launch (if I'm going, I'll be there by 10 AM at the latest! If for any reason you are NOT GOING, please post, as I'll probably make other plans.
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
Eileen

Post by Eileen »

I can go also. I will watch the weather.
Eileen
Griffd
antispam: No

Post by Griffd »

Hi Haven,

Is that boat ramp open? Quite often is seems to be closed.

Dave
Anne.B

Post by Anne.B »

Weather looks good. I'm in.

Anne
Anne.B
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125
Impex Force Cap 5
Linda

Post by Linda »

Last I went by the 'rest area/boat ramp' there was a sign that it WAS OPEN... looking forward to meeting you both (and anyone else) at the ramp/launch! Weather looks 'good enough'!
Still Mind, Relaxed Breath, Pure Attention...
Paddling is Great Therapy!
Anne.B

Post by Anne.B »

Small craft warnings were up last night. Are they down. now?. That was about 11 pm . Will check now.
Anne.B
Impex Force Cap 5
Anne.B

Post by Anne.B »

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 8793945312.

Still up. But we're staying near shore. So it's still a go ?

I don't know these waters. Do you Haven ?
Anne.B
Impex Force Cap 5
Haven

Post by Haven »

Small Craft warnings are still up so we will stay inside(EAST) of Great Hill and probably explore the other inlets, Sippican River.
Anne.B

Post by Anne.B »

Thanks Haven for spearheading this trip. (Is that a word?) And thanks especially to Haven & Linda for help getting back in my boat and for many good pointers toward becoming a better paddler! It was more wind than I'd ever been in, but enjoyed it all, well most of it. But being out of my comfort zone made it a good learning experience. And I'm sorry I worried you by taking my time getting out of my boat. Also thanks to Eileen who took my boat to her house since the AAA wouldn't take my car mit yak to the dealer to get a new key made as I lost it in my flip. See you all again soon!
Anne.B
Impex Force Cap 5
Anne.B

Post by Anne.B »

Addendum
The first AAA guy opened my car, but alas, could not find a key in there. And his truck was too big to get behind, my car so they sent a second truck. You can push a standard transmission with the steering wheel locked, so he did that and got me loaded and then helped me load my boat on Eileen's car. And about then Eileen and Linda got back from their after paddle paddle. And I was off to the Subaru place in Bourne. Got 2 keys made and $80 got me a new improved car opener so the alarm wouldn't go off every time I unlocked the door. And the beach house doesn't get locked when I'm there. And the only other key is my house in CT and a neighbor has one.

Got a bit confused by all the route 6's, one on either side of the canal and 6A and if I'm near the Sagamore bridge, aren't Falmouth and Buzzards Bay in the same place, ie south of there? Well it took me a while to get to Eileen's, she was off to here next whatever, and after trying the new (to me at least; I don't fast food it often) chicken McWrap sandwich, I made it back to Humarock!

Again, thank you all for moral support et al.
Anne.B
Impex Force Cap 5