Wild Wild Turkeys @ Little Compton, Rhode Island 7/13/2013

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

NorwayLady

Wild Wild Turkeys @ Little Compton, Rhode Island 7/13/2013

Post by NorwayLady »

On Sunday July 13, 2013 eighteen Wild Turkeys launched from Sakonnet Point exploring the Little Compton Coastline. We left with 18 and returned with 18. It was an epic fourteen mile day! Below is the public Facebook link to the photos I took. Norm asked me to share them with you.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... dfd8cb7a2c

If others have photos they want to share please post them here, as we are collectively writing this trip report.

Thank you for an awesome day on the water everyone. Could not have been a better day. I am still smiling!

Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
kayakerjnj

Re: Wild Wild Turkeys @ Little Compton, Rhode Island 7/13/20

Post by kayakerjnj »

Great pictures Bea!

Thanks to all for a memorable day on some lumpy water!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
Ken R
antispam: No

Post by Ken R »

Great Job Bea.
KR
norm

Post by norm »

Thanks Bea! Your pictures of the trip are much better and more comprehensive than mine. Also, I'm sure everyone enjoys seeing pictures of the day sooner rather than later when I can get around to it. Thanks for adding all the additional comments when I asked you to make it the trip report. I thought the original version was fine but the additions made it even better. Somehow my comments got removed when you re-posted.

Thanks to everyone that came. It was a wonderful day despite the clouds and rain shower. Seems like everyone likes that area considering the huge turnout - 18 people! We had lumpy water, rock gardening, surfing, surf landings and surf launches. A lot of people got experience with new skills, especially the surf landings and launches. Amazing that everyone had such a good time with some of the adversities and somewhat scary, new situations that people had to face. It was a very cooperative group with lots of sharing of knowledge. I learned a lot.

It was impossible to keep a group of 18 skilled kayakers with varied interests tightly together all day, but I think we were all watching out for each other and everyone got what they wanted out of the trip. I didn't hear a single negative comment all day and everyone seemed very happy at the end.

I wonder if Gray's Ice Cream has ever had that many cars with kayaks on their roofs in their parking lot before?

I've got to say though, it was tiring counting to 18 all day.

Thanks for a great time everyone.
TraceyJ

Post by TraceyJ »

Bea,

Beautiful pictures!!

Norm,

Thank you for planning. Fabulous place to paddle.
I'm pretty sure no matter how many time you planned this location,
many would come.

And I don't think we could have asked for a better group of people.

Tracey
Valley Aquanaut / white-on-white
P&H Delphin 150 Surf / Yellow
josko

Post by josko »

Next time, my goal is to get all you rock-hoppers a little closer to the rocks. :D
This trip was a great example (to me) of the incedible variety of stuff one can do with a kayak at a place like Sakonnet. I had an absolute blast rock-hopping and surfing, and it was great to see folks having fun with a whole variety of kayaking out there.
Thanks for setting it all up, Norm.
Last edited by josko on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Norm,

Your comments are still there for the photo album I uploaded to Facebook on Saturday. The link I posted here on the Wild Turkey site is for a separate photo album I uploaded on Sunday. Although many of the photos are the same in both albums, the newer album has a more diverse photo selection, such as photos from our mid-morning break by Briggsy's marsh and also more surf landing shots at our lunch spot.

It was a fantastic day!
Bea
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Briggsy has his own marsh now, does he? That boy gets around...
Azane

Post by Azane »

Very neat, Bea! Great pictures and thanks for putting it all together, Norm. That was a good-size (larger) group....and that takes a bit of coordination. The rain was a new and amazing experience for us in our boats.

Cheers Steve
Abby
Maelström Vitäl 166
Zegul Greenland

Steve
Maelström Vaåg 174