Stonington, Maine - Marshall Island - July 5th, 2013

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Stonington, Maine - Marshall Island - July 5th, 2013

Post by norm »

Here is the 5th of 6 trip reports about the AMC Boston camping trip in Stonington. On the 4th of July, 2 more people arrived in the afternoon, bringing the total to 8 paddlers for the trips on the 5th. We broke into 2 groups of 4 and did a level 2 and a level 3 trip. I was on the level 3 trip and will describe it in the text that accompanies the pictures posted on Facebook listed below. Can't tell you anything about the level 2 trip because I've already forgotten what was described by those participants when we all went out to dinner that evening. I need pictures and GPS tracks to refresh my memory.

The level 3 trip was from the Old Quarry Campground out and around Marshall Island. The leader was Rick and the Co-leader was Dennis. There wasn't much time or need for breaks on this trip as we knew there were a good number of miles to cover. This trip had some fairly big 2 to 3 mile open water crossings. It was nice to get out and away from all the islands closer to Stonington for a change of pace. There were not as many lobster boats out there in the deeper water.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b9560fadd8
kayakerjnj

Re: Stonington, Maine - Marshall Island - July 5th, 2013

Post by kayakerjnj »

Some great pictures Norm!
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan