September 19, 2013 - Muscongus Scouting Mission

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

norm

September 19, 2013 - Muscongus Scouting Mission

Post by norm »

I was invited to join Rick Hens, an AMC leader who organizes a few kayak camping trips each year, to scout the Muscongus Bay area. Ken R. joined us on the trip also. The goal was to check out an on-shore campground or two, boat ramps and as much of the bay as we could. The paddling plan was to cover over 20 miles each day at an average speed of 4 knots. With the shorter days of September, there's no time to waste when you're looking to cover a lot of miles.

The first day was a travel and land scouting day. I wanted to get through Boston early, so I arrived an hour or two before Rick was planning to get there. I used the time to check out Pemaquid Point Lighthouse. This trip report is mostly about that. I'll add two more trip reports when I have time to sort through the rest of the 500 pictures.

Please use the link below to enjoy pictures on Facebook that should be accessible to anyone, even if you do not have a Facebook account. Please read the comments included with the pictures for more information about the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 65b8aea4d2
Tegan
antispam: No

Re: September 19, 2013 - Muscongus Scouting Mission

Post by Tegan »

In addition to this trip I have been going back in time and enjoying your past trips and great pictures. Thanks, Richard Webber