Solo Trip to Northeastern Nova Scotia

Trip reports that don't have a page dedicated to them.

Moderator: Chip

noseykate

Solo Trip to Northeastern Nova Scotia

Post by noseykate »

..............Image

Click here to view the full trip report.

I had big plans, but Nova Scotia had different plans for me. My route northward was completely thwarted. A hurricane came and snatched away a day from me. Police got involved. It was a glorious vacation along one of the most beautiful coastlines I've ever seen. What more could I ask from a sea kayak trip?

The report is full of text, for those who want all the kayaking details, but you can just enjoy the photos too.

I hope each of you has the opportunity to paddle here someday! I hope I get to do so again too.

NK
centered
antispam: No

Re: Solo Trip to Northeastern Nova Scotia

Post by centered »

That is honestly an unbelievable trip/report. And, there is no need to befriend mosquitos on a beautiful vacation like this, I would be happy to join you!;-) Great pics and video, thank you for sharing your journey.
Sue
NorwayLady

Post by NorwayLady »

Kate, your written and photographic account of your trip just blows me away. What an adventure you had!!!

Do you bring a little teddie bear or something to keep you company?
Bea
Proud foster mother of Athena (P&H Cetus LV turquoise-white)
kayakerjnj

Post by kayakerjnj »

Another epic trip, done in only a style we all come to envy and admire.

Thanks so much for sharing these incredible captures of sea and all it's coastal treasures.
Paddle with a big smile, its contagious 8)

Jordan
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

Bea, No I don't take any "companions". The whole world is there with me. I have to insist that most of it stay outside the tent though. :)

Glad you and Sue enjoyed the report!

NK
KAYAK KEN

Post by KAYAK KEN »

I heard that you were going on another one of your epic adventures, I was very pleased to see that you were back safe and had a brilliant story to tell. Thanks for taking such great trips,and sharing all the details. Amazing!!!
Birdseye

Post by Birdseye »

There's only one word for this report and your journey. Incredible! Glad you're back safe.
P&H Quest LV - Yellow/white/blue
Ron

Post by Ron »

Another great report on another fantastic trip.
Image P&H Cetus HV
norm

Post by norm »

Kate,

Thanks for sharing your vacation experience with us in all the details and taking such magnificent pictures.

Glad you're back safe and happy to hear that complete strangers still care about people they've just met for a few minutes.

Norm
aliclift

Post by aliclift »

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your Nova Scotia report . I was surprised how homesick It made me feel ......was born there and spent all my summers there with

my grandparents when I was growing up . I would love to go back and paddle , but don't feel my paddling skills are good enough for what that

area of ocean can throw at me ....at least not on a solo trip.

Ali
noseykate

Post by noseykate »

aliclift wrote:Hi Kate,

Thanks for your Nova Scotia report . I was surprised how homesick It made me feel ......was born there and spent all my summers there with

my grandparents when I was growing up . I would love to go back and paddle , but don't feel my paddling skills are good enough for what that

area of ocean can throw at me ....at least not on a solo trip.

Ali

What a nice comment to receive! I can see why you'd be homesick for that area. Maybe you could have a look at Scott Cunningham's guidebook and see what paddling might be available for you. Little Dover Harbor was very pretty and well-sheltered. Such places would offer you calm paddling and a chance to revisit the area near home from the water.

I'm not sure my paddling skills are up to what that area can throw at me either! I stayed off the water when I wasn't sure.

NK