Sunday morning lake paddle?

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Sunday morning lake paddle?

Post by norm »

Looks like the weather may be ok tomorrow morning but the tide is out. Anybody want to paddle Long Pond in Lakeville? There is a good size state boat ramp at: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.783431,-70.928320 (The boat ramp is actully in Freetown.)

I paddled there earlier this year but didn't have time to make it all the way around the perimeter. It could be a 9 to 10 mile trip.

Anybody who is interested please reply and we can pick a time. Otherwise I'll just meander down there when I feel like it.
cgr

Post by cgr »

Hi Norm,
I'm going to be going out in Hingham tomorrow. Low tide is around 8:30; so I plan to be on the water by 10:45 or 11ish. I will most likely have my small boat and just be working on rolling & bracing right by the beach. I may get there early and have breakfast at stars...

fyi - if you head south the tide may be favorable for you. Newport High tide(you can use this as a key for Buzzards Bay & Narraganset) is almost 3 hrs before Boston(use this for north of Cape Cod).
norm

Post by norm »

Thanks for the info Chris but I think I'll stick with places I know until I get more comfortable in the new boat. I hope I'll be practicing rolling with you by the end of the season.
norm

Post by norm »

Leaving for Long Pond - will probably be launching between 10:00-10:30.