Circumnavigate Naushon island 6/10/12

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

josko
antispam: No

Circumnavigate Naushon island 6/10/12

Post by josko »

Let's try this again. Anybody?

I notice tides are ideal on 6/10 (Falmouth low ~1035) for a trip from Woods Hole down the Elizabeth islands chain and back. Tide should be with us both ways. Long range weather forecasts are favorable, too. My plan is to meet at Pie in the Sky bakery at 0800 and leave Woods Hole near the yacht club ~830. We can go (down Buzzards bay side) to Robinson's hole for a 16 mile round trip or push a little further out to Quicks hole or Canapitsit, depending on how the group feels.
Long range forecasts are calling for a SW seabreeze in the afternoon, so we might have an opportunity for a surfing run down Vineyard Sound.

There might be a few AMC Boston chapter leaders along on this trip.

Parking: summertime parking in Woods hole is tight, but there should be spaces along Bar Neck road near the yacht club before 0800. Time permitting, try to park near the yacht club and walk over to the Pie in the Sky bakery by 0800, otherwise meet at the beach just to the west of the yacht club. In a worst-case scenario, we can shuttle a few cars to my house, ~1/2 mile away.
centered

Re: Circumnavigate Naushon island 6/10/12

Post by centered »

Hi Josko,
Sounds good, I'm in.
Sue
Archee

Post by Archee »

Well I will make this as a meetup as well but 8 am will be killer on Sunday!!!
Sandy V

Post by Sandy V »

Looks like a fun trip. But I can't make it Sunday....next time maybe...

Sandy
norm

Post by norm »

I'd love to join you on this trip Josko, but I have to work Sunday morning. I thought about trying to get out of it, but my backup is busy and 4 other people are working Saturday, so I don't feel right asking anyone to take my place Sunday morning.

Have a great time out there and take care of Sue - I need her as my dependable paddling buddy since Bea keeps bailing out on everything. :D
josko

Post by josko »

Looks like Sue is the only Turkey paddler down here tomorrow. If anyone else gets the yen to paddle Woods Hole and Elizabeths, be at the Pie in the sky by 0800 and please be ready for a 16+ mile trip. :D