Boston - Monday Evening - 10/8 - 4:00pm Launch

Follow the planning and aftermath of WT trips.

Moderator: Chip

norm

Boston - Monday Evening - 10/8 - 4:00pm Launch

Post by norm »

I don't have a holiday from work on Monday, but I'm taking my boat to work and thinking of launching near the gas tank at Morrisey Boulevard if anyone would like to join me. The temperature will be cool but the winds should be light and the tide is high at 5:46pm. Should be able to get a couple hours of paddling in before dark. May head over to Thomsons Island and check out the marsh area that is only accessible at high tide.

Wet exit/Rescue skills are required.
I would recommend at least a 15 foot boat with front and rear bulkheads and spray skirt.
Ability to paddle 6 - 9 miles.

Please respond if you plan to attend.

Norm
KenW
antispam: No

Re: Boston - Monday Evening - 10/8 - 4:00pm Launch

Post by KenW »

I'll join you Norm. Where will you put in?
norm

Re: Boston - Monday Evening - 10/8 - 4:00pm Launch

Post by norm »

The put-in is the boat ramp beach on Morrisey Boulevard on the right as you come off the expressway and cross over the draw-bridge. Here is a Google Map link to the spot: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.30520 ... 1&t=h&z=18

The plan has changed. We are going to try to see if we can find the beached whale over at Long Island instead of just going to Thomsons Island. The distance will be further and the pace may be fairly quick to try to get over there and back before it gets too dark. We may need lights for the trip back.

Sue is planning to attend also. I'll be coming from work in Southy and hope to be there by 3:30.

Norm